POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV can change characters... : Re: PoV can change characters... Server Time
5 Aug 2024 12:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV can change characters...
From: Ken
Date: 12 Sep 2002 20:59:05
Message: <3D813954.88F1881A@pacbell.net>
"St." wrote:

>    A few questions if I may?
>
>   For my present WIP I'm using ac3d a fair bit for some simple modelling, and over
> the last couple of days, PoV has changed a few characters or numbers in the ac3d
> mesh code. For example, it will change a digit for a $ sign, or it might say that
> "...an expected (whatever)... but > found instead", when it *IS* there and should
> be there anyway, or the other day it changed 'smooth_triangle' for
> 'smogth_triangle'.

I used to have that problem with the POV-Ray v3.0 editor but I have never seen
this happen with the CodeMax editor released with POV-Ray v3.1. I've loaded
100mb files without problems in the CodeMax editor so I know file size is not
to blame. It might be a memory problem on your machine or perhaps like the
others have said your processor is having problems.

When I had problems with the v3.0 editor I would close the program after every
3 saves and that kept me from having the character replacement problem you
described above. This is just a bandaid for the real problem though, whatever
that is.

--
Ken Tyler